Due to certain circumstances Lawrence has a very unstable personality; it does seem to fluctuate between just two general patterns at random intervals though.
Living through such a life, Lawrence has become quite a strange, but still very optimistic fellow. He doesn’t know how to act in society, often stepping out of the line or blundering, as seen in his lack of care to respect anybodys privacy. At times it might seem like his maturity is lagging a bit behind. He is very well aware of that but doesn’t really seem to care to better that behavior, but much rather welcomes it. Law shows a strange kind of humor, often making jokes that either aren’t funny at all or that are very inappropriate, often mocking others or himself. Of course the raccoon isn’t just an asshole that treats others like shit, he very well cares about being friendly and respecting others even if he should take it too far. Out of personal experience Lawrence heavily dislikes bullying and discrimination, which is the only instance in which he will step into a conflict. Otherwise he would actually mind his own business since he thinks that problems can only be solved by you alone. Law usually never puts the blame on one person alone but analyzes a situation to find out what everyone could improve for the next time. The Anthro is very ambitious, almost competitive and always oriented to prove others that he is useful. He may have built up a strong confidence, but his frustration and doubt levels skyrocket if something doesn’t work out as it should. Lawrence usually just delves deeper into technology stuff, even if this is the cause of his frustration. He usually overexerts himself with his work or hobbies since he ignores most of his needs once he concentrates on something since it has to be perfect. On top of that the raccoon is very stubborn, doing something his way if he thinks it is the right thing to do. Being betrayed and lied to over and over again Lawrence usually keeps people distant, not making any real friends. If someone should somehow get through all those defenses they will see Lawrence caring greatly for them to a point where he’d sacrifice his life for them.
Sometimes, when the curse gets the better of him some less pleasant sides may show up which the man fears deeply. His brain gets messed with at random times, causing some hallucinations which focus on seeing or hearing things that aren’t there. At times he might even see the dead, just like they are alive. At these times his behavior becomes very erratic, irresponsible and even aggressive in the worst cases. His ability to think logically stops completely and his trust problems intensify heavily to a point where he tries to get away from everyone, even if those would be close friends. He wasn't diagnosed with any mental illness, the symptoms instead being blamed on the curse he suffers.
Lawrence Elliot Kaiser is scared of both the dark and animal equipment (cages, leashes, muzzles and such). He won't admit this though, but will very obviously try avoiding those things.
Due to past events the Anthro usually tries to keep away from runes, but doesn't shy away from using them if the need should arise.
The Anthro likes to collect things, and doesn’t have the heart to throw something away most of the times, even if those things are obviously broken. He will still keep his surroundings (somewhat) tidy though.
Powers and Abilities Edit
MISSES SOME POWERS
- Wizardry: As a Type-II Lawrence is capable of using magic, mainly concentrating on magic that may help his work – or minimize the damage caused by failed projects. Due to his condition his magic is a bit weaker than it is for an average Anthro.
- Improved biology: Due to his nature as a Raccoon Anthro-Feralis Lawrence possesses much better senses than a human. Especially his sense of touch, sense of smell and hearing are very well developed.
- Stomach of Steel: Lawrence possesses a higher tolerance for bad food or poisons thanks to his animal side. He still should avoid consuming harmful things as he isn’t immune to these things and will still face consequences if he should take in too much. In addition to that he will feel sick a lot rarer than others.
- Claws: The Raccoon will not hesitate to use his sharp claws, if the need should arise. He will generally try to only incapacitate his foe and will only kill if it is absolutely necessary.
- Languages: German and English
- Magi-tec and technology Knowledge: Lawrence is adept with both technology and magi-tec thanks to his studies and hobbies. He learns how to work with new technology at a very fast rate and can easily recreate or improve it.
- Keen Programmer: Spending a lot of time alone in his childhood around technology Lawrence has learnt how to program. Known languages are SQL, Java and C#.
- Fast reader: The Anthro is an exceptionally fast reader, being able to finish lecture more than twice as fast as the average person. His average reading speed is at about 800 words per minute.
- Photographic memory
- Clever with one arm: Dealing with it his whole life Lawrence has become very skilled in handling things with only arm, even if he doesn't have to do so.
NOT ALL EQUIPMENT WRITTEN DOWN
- Good old trench coat: A custom-made pale brown oversized trench coat with a lot of pockets. It is perfect at hiding his curse and it’s easy to slip out off, even with just one arm. It is still in a very good condition despite the strain it is being put through.
- Medication: Mainly things to keep the curse over his arm in check and nutritional supplements. Additional headache pills or other helpful pills can be found while digging around in the pockets.
- Noteblock and pen: Just to take note of the next grand idea!
If for some reason he can’t wear his trench coat (for example very hot weather) Lawrence will use a same-colored shoulder bag which looks like it has seen better days. The bag contains the same thing that the trench coat does.
His “first” parents own a considerable amount of money which they gained through smart share sales. Their knowledge about economics is outstanding, making it reasonable as to why they got to where they stand these days. They are quite the odd couple, and definitely do not know how to behave properly in public. On top of that they have also shown that both of them are not capable to take care of a child. The Mayers have taken a great loss in reputation after the whole rune-curse scandal and it is unknown as to what they do now except that they pay a compensation for the pain and suffering Lawrence has to go through.
- Albert Lawrence Mayer (Ex-Adoptive Father): A man that seems rather distant. He doesn’t care for others around him but his wife. Once an honest man he now tries to manipulate people to reach what he wants. He never used physical violence on him, resorting to making those ranked lower than him to feel worthless.
- Abigail Mayer (Ex-Adoptive Mother): A woman that has no respect for non-humans, seeing them as nothing but objects, minor forms of intelligence. It was mainly because of her that the Mayer family adopted an Anthro. She may seem nice at a first glance, but at heart she is truly cold.
The Kaiser family, consisting of four lion Anthro-Feralis minus Lawrence, has shown nothing but support despite how difficult the times have been. The family is a very proud one. Success doesn’t matter to them, but much rather that one can stand true to their ideals. They might not be the most successful people, but they definitely hold together as a team.
- Darrel Kaiser (Adoptive Father): Darrel is what one would call a true technology nerd. Working in his own workshop he has taught his son Lawrence everyone he now knows. He is the one to have the closest bond to Lawrence. He doesn’t want his son to work at the ULC, but he also understands that he shouldn’t stand in the way of his children’s dreams.
- Olive Kaiser (Adoptive Mother): Olive works as a teacher and is known for being very caring for those around her. She is very knowledgeable and usually expects everyone else around her to know the same things she does. If that should not be the case she will hold long lectures which are surprisingly very catching.
- Teresa Kaiser (Adoptive Sister): The oldest of Lawrences siblings. She has settled for a simple life as a housewife. Teresa is happy with such a simple life, even if others may deem it boring. Having a family herself is the greatest thing that could have happened to her and nothing will be able to change her mind.
- Colin Kaiser (Adoptive Brother): Just a year older than Lawrence. He’s energetic, tall as hell and probably strong enough to send someone into a coma with a single punch. Working as a body guard in a night club makes the place safer only by his presence alone.
- Naomi Kaiser (Adoptive Sister): The youngest member of the family. She works as an artist, though her career isn’t as successful as she would have imagined, but she doesn’t mind since she is pursuing her dream. She always thinks outside of the box.
- Justin Barrett: Lawrence owns this Leopard-Anthro his whole life. Without him the Anthro would not be where he is these days. Justin is the only person that has gained Lawrences trust as of now and they still stay in contact. Justin has been the first one to be inflicted with the curse that was named after him and greatly increased a lot of the sympathy the two have between each other these days.
- The raccoon has a general aversion against any rune users, be it good or bad.
- Even though subconsciously, Lawrence has a slight bias against humans and will usually prefer anything over a human.
- ???: It is unknown who the culprit is, but Lawrence has sworn that he will personally end the life that created the rune. He seeks revenge and will make the persons death long and painful. Lawrence is aware that he alone is at fault for his demise, but it doesn’t change his opinion on the person.
The Anthro is a lean and rather short raccoon. His brown eyes are supported by full-rimmed frame glasses. His fur pattern resembles much the one of a raccoon, using different shades of black, white, gray and brown. The brown parts of fur only appear on his tail, however. The rest of the body has rather common raccoon markings consisting of the rest of the colors. His left arm is marked by a black mushroom, similar to a cobweb-pattern.
Lawrences choice of clothes usually prioritizes a lot of pockets containing a vast variety of things. On top of that the clothes usually are loose and/or a bit too big for the Anthro, probably to make it easier to get out of them. The Anthro usually has a horrible taste in matching colours, but he doesn't seem to mind much, even if it provides to be an eye sore to others.
- Height: 155 cm
- Weight: 49 kg
The curse Edit
The curse was named after the first known person to be affected by the curse. Solely underage Anthros are being targeted, sharing the trait that all of them went through abusive experiences with their parents. Every single target also was known for showing excessive online activities, not hiding that their life is obviously going wrong on many levels. Once a target is found, the culprit picks up contact with his soon-to-be victim and lures them into trust. Once enough trust is given the unnamed culprit will convince his target that a single piece of jewelry will solve all their problems. Naïve enough the desperate Anthros send their address so that they would receive their way out of hell. Most certainly do they get a way out of hell, but the price one has to be pay is immense. Those that are foolish enough to trust the random stranger and try to use the artifact will be cursed by the Barrett-curse. In many cases the victims might not survive the initial contact or die later on for several reasons. Those that do manage to stay alive usually gather attention from child protective services. In collaboration with Justin Barrett the victims get transferred to Montana at an orphanage that helps the children to recover from their traumatic experiences and to find a new family for them.
Known symptoms as of now are:
- Those affected by the curse will be infected by a mushroom-parasite which spreads from the source, the rune-inscribed jewelry. The mushroom will spread over the body in a cobweb like fashion and impeding the body parts movement. It is still possible to move freely, but it will take more effort to do so and might be painful.
- The parasite damages body tissue, but doesn’t prove to be lethal in any way in most cases. If a body should be too weak to handle the initial shock of the infection the host will die. Trying to separate host and parasite will result in the host’s death. Damaging the mushroom equals a normal flesh wound for the host.
- The parasites growth is faster as long as the host is still young. Once adulthood is reached the growth will be much slower.
- At random intervals those suffering the curse might hallucinate thanks to the mushrooms nature. Those hallucinations are always of horrible nature, showing traumatic experiences and generally any negative incident the host had to go through.
- Just like other parasites, the mushroom feasts on his host’s energy. They will feel generally weaker on a physical and magical level, reducing what they can achieve. On top of that the host will have to take in more nutrition as the mushroom claims a part of those for itself.