The Department of Homeland Security was founded in 1989, during the later years of the Type-III Awakening Incident. The United Liberators Coalition was formed out of several militia groups throughout the country resisting the Parahuman Uprising, and absorbed by the newly created DHS, deputizing and legitimizing the alliance of previously unofficial and unorganized Liberators chapters throughout America.
After the creation of the organization several agencies within the Executive branch relating to national security and law enforcement were transferred and consolidated into one agency under the DHS.
The Department of Homeland Security oversees the United Liberators Coalition. The Director of the ULC answers to the Secretary of Homeland Security.
The agency enforces the 2013 Anti-Anthro Act and requires all Anthro-feralis within the United States to be registered with the U.S. Anthro-feralis Registration Directorate.
Under the Act, the U.S. Customs Service forbids immigration by Anthro-feralis regardless of country of origin, and those who enter the country without permission or have overstayed their visas are deported by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- United Liberators Coalition
- US Anthro-feralis Registration Directorate
- US Customs Service
- US Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
- Nuclear Incident Response Team
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Office for Domestic Preparedness
- Domestic Emergency Support Team
- National Infrastructure Protection Center